[Speex-dev] Speex on TI DSP 5505

Randy Yates yates at ieee.org
Mon Mar 29 16:55:55 PDT 2010

Saju Palayur <saju_pa at hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>

> We have ported the Narrow band 8 Khz Speex encoder and decoder on to TI DSP 5505
>

> To compress 20ms of 16 bit audio sampled at 8Khz it takes 4.2ms.
>
> Is there any optimizations I can do to make it run faster.

The first thing to do would be to profile the code (I assume you're
using CCS) and see where the most time is being spent.

--Randy

> Thanks for yor time
>

> Regards
>
> Saju

Randy Yates                      % "She tells me that she likes me very much,
Digital Signal Labs              %     but when I try to touch, she makes it
mailto://yates@ieee.org          %                            all too clear."
http://www.digitalsignallabs.com %        'Yours Truly, 2095', *Time*, ELO