[Speex-dev] Notch Filter in AEC

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Wed Mar 3 03:39:08 PST 2010

The notch filter is specifically designed to cut below 200 Hz when
working in narrowband. In wideband, the cutoff is more around 50 Hz. The
reason is that in narrowband operation (irrespective of the codec),
you're not really supposed to have anything below ~200 Hz, but a lot of
people forget that.

	Jean-Marc