[Speex-dev] Fwd: [Vorbis-dev] Flash Vorbis player (zmorris at mac.com)

Jozsef Vass jozsef_vass at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 17:44:44 PDT 2008

Flash Player 10 supports Speex encoding/decoding. From ActionsScript, you cannot really access the microphone or speaker.

Jozsef

Hey everyone, I saw over on the Vorbis-Dev list that they ported Ogg Vorbis over to Flash.  Just wondering if this would be possible for Speex, and also if you have considered an iPhone implementation.  I know that Apple is really hesitant to anger AT&T, but with Google's Android, VOIP on cell phones is just around the corner.  Ironically voice bandwidth is set to go way down because of it, so I never could understand why cell phone companies were so resistant to it.  And Adobe just ported Flash to the iPhone so that's just around the corner too.  Here is the message: