[Speex-dev] how to fix high freq noise?

Masakazu OHTSUKA o.masakazu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 14:20:18 PDT 2008

Hi, speex developers!

I'm new to speex, and trying to build a simple echo application.
something like this.
microphone -> speex encoder -> speex decoder -> speaker

I first test it the simple way,
microphone -> do nothing -> speaker

and this works fine.

But when I try to encode speex, and decode it,
it works, but some high frequency  noise is added.

How can I fix it?

The noise isn't the microphone <-> speaker positive feedback,
cause it doesn't appear when not using speex.

I think the code is almost the same as your
testenc_uwb.c included in speex distribution,
but mine maybe something wrong causing the noise...

Source code is here.
http://maaash.jp/lab/speex/main.cpp
and Windows binaries here.
http://maaash.jp/lab/speex/speexecho.zip

There's a switch to enable speex in main.cpp
#define USE_SPEEX

Thanks in advance!

# sorry if you see this email twice, cause it doesnt reach myself
after 10 hours..