[Speex-dev] Decoding multiple encoded frames

Darren Longhorn darren.longhorn at redembedded.com
Tue Oct 14 08:47:07 PDT 2008

Keith Kyzivat wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 4:57 AM, Darren Longhorn
> <darren.longhorn at redembedded.com
> <mailto:darren.longhorn at redembedded.com>> wrote:
>

>     It sounds plausible, but doesn't seem to agree with what Jean-Marc said?
>

> It goes along with what the docs seem to indicate:
>
> http://www.speex.org/docs/api/speex-api-reference/group__Codec.html#gc34980a42ddd41e14075e6247972df2c

That part of the documentation is what I was basing my expectations on.

If I pass one frame, I would get -1 end of stream, nothing more to decode.

If I pass half a frame I would get -2, because the decoder didn't have a
whole valid frame to decode.

And, if I pass two or more frames, I would get 0 after the first frame,
was decoded, inviting me to call again to decode the second frame.

But I get nothing like that, I just always get 0 returned, no matter
what I pass to the decoder.