[Speex-dev] Speex 1.2rc1 is out, status update

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Wed Jul 23 20:55:36 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I've just released Speex 1.2rc1. This adds support for acoustic echo
cancellation with multiple microphones and multiple loudspeakers. It
also adds an API to decorrelate loudspeaker signals to improve
multi-channel performance. In the bugfix department, there are fixes for
a few bugs in the echo canceller, jitter  buffer and preprocessor. At
this point, the API for 1.2 should be stable and only a few very minor
additions are planned. The mirrors haven't updated yet, but you can
already grab the release at:
http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/speex/speex-1.2rc1.tar.gz

As some of you may know, I've spent the past three years in Australia
doing a post-doc at the CSIRO. It's now time for me to start doing real
work, so I'm back to Canada and will start a new job next week at
Octasic (http://www.octasic.com/). It shouldn't really change much for
Speex, as I will continue to maintain it and work towards release 1.2.

Cheers,