[Speex-dev] FW: SPEEX_PREPROCESS_GET_ECHO_STATE broken

Jeff Kinzer jkinzer at comotivsystems.com
Tue Jul 22 08:55:50 PDT 2008

All,

The implementation of SPEEX_PREPROCESS_GET_ECHO_STATE in preprocess.c seems to be broken. The value of the echo_state pointer is assigned to the stack variable rather than to the memory location pointed to by the stack variable.

Code snippet from preprocess.c:

   case SPEEX_PREPROCESS_GET_ECHO_STATE:
      ptr = (void*)st->echo_state;
      break;

It seems as though the code should be:

   case SPEEX_PREPROCESS_GET_ECHO_STATE:
      (*(SpeexEchoState*)ptr) = (SpeexEchoState*)st->echo_state;
      break;

PS - Sorry if this has already been received. I sent this yesterday before realizing that I hadn't subscribed to the mailing list.

Jeff Kinzer
Software Developer
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950