[Speex-dev] Speex Resampler quality

Premkiran Mannava loverays at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 07:08:25 PST 2008

Hi,

*"That's in general not very reliable. You can get PEAQ to say all sorts
of silly things."

Can you provide me links for any more effective tools other than PEAQ?
Which is more reliable for Speex resampler?
*
*"strongly suspect that it's just not compensating for the delay
introduced by the resampler. Because higher quality means higher delay,
you'd find that PEAQ doesn't like it when you increase the resampler
quality. You can easily remove the delay (well, not remove it but skip
the zeros it produces) by calling speex_resampler_skip_zeros() once,
before you start the processing."
*
*When I use speex_resampler_skip_zeros() for 44100 to 48000 conversion, I
got a very bad quality value when I used PEAQ.  Do you suggest me not to use
this function for fractional rate conversions?

Regards,

*

--
" Excellence is not an act....but a habit..."