[Speex-dev] Echo Canceller on Windows Mobile

Mohammed Sulaiman mhh.sulaiman at talk21.com
Fri Feb 8 07:54:59 PST 2008

Hi Jean Marc,

  We are running the speex echo canceller code on a Windows Mobile smartphone using a TI OMAP 201MHz 850. We are making voip calls and audio is working without echo canceller code. Simply adding the following 2 functions whether the echo cancellation is wired in (ie  we use the output frame ) or not performance becomes terrible. Note 2 separate threads are used to handle audio.

  Playing Audio thread:
  Write to codec
  speex_echo_playback(echo_state, echo_frame);

  Capturing audio thread:
  Receive buffer
  speex_echo_capture(echo_state, input_frame, output_frame);

  We have compiled for fixed point.
  We are using codec buffer size of 256 bytes ie 128, 16bit samples.

    SpeexEchoState* iEchoState = speex_echo_state_init(ECHO_FRAME_SIZE, ECHO_FILTER_SIZE);

  ECHO_FRAME_SIZE = 128
  ECHO_FILTER_SIZE = 1024

  Any ideas?

  Do you know whether any one has this running on Windows Mobile platforms successfully.

  Regards