[Speex-dev] Echo Cancellation on TI OMAP 201MHz 850

Mohammed Sulaiman mhh.sulaiman at talk21.com
Thu Feb 7 09:34:20 PST 2008

Hi Jean Marc,

  We are running the speex echo canceller code on a Windows Mobile smartphone using a TI OMAP 201MHz 850. We are making voip calls and audio is ok, ovbiously background noise is there and echo but audio can be heard clearly with little delay. Simply adding the following 2 functions whether the echo cancellation is wired in (ie  we use the output frame ) or not performance becomes terrible. Note 2 separate threads are used to handle audio.

  speex_echo_playback(echo_state, echo_frame);

  speex_echo_capture(echo_state, input_frame, output_frame);

  We have compiled for fixed point.

  Do you know whether any one has this running on Windows Mobile platforms successfully.

  Regards