[Speex-dev] JitterBuffer in SVN

Thorvald Natvig thorvald at natvig.com
Mon Nov 5 15:17:34 PST 2007

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:
> Thorvald Natvig a écrit :
>
>> I see you're changing the jitter buffer around quite a bit. Could you
>> let us know when it's ready for general testing? (At the moment it
>> doesn't handle missing packets at all)
>>

> While I'm not completely done yet, I thought the current version was
> working. Can you tell me what happens exactly (without output if
> possible) so I can fix it? Also, I'd be very interesting in getting test
> "data" for the jitter buffer. By that I mean, just a log of how you are
> calling it. More specifically:
>
> - Every time you call _put(), print the timestamp and span of the packet
> - Every time you call _get(), print the desired_span argument (it's a
> new argument)
> - Every time you call _tick(), with no argument.
>
> For example, the file could look like:
>
> PUT 1000 100
> GET 100
> TICK
> PUT 1100 100
> GET 100
> TICK
>
> That would help me make sure that the jitter buffer works for your case.
> I actually encourage everyone using the jitter buffer to do the same.
>
> Cheers,
>
> 	Jean-Marc

Indeed there is a new parameter, and apparantly my dependency
information didn't cover system headers. So it recompiled the new jitter
buffer, but never recompiled the buffering part of my application before
linking. I tested my "simulate packet loss" mode and it couldn't recover
from that. (It did work with zero loss however.. odd).

Once I updated the application to use the updated function call, the
jitter buffer worked again, giving sane results even with +/- 30 ms
arrival times and 20% packet loss. So sorry for bothering you with a
bogus bug report :(

Best wishes,
Thorvald