[Speex-dev] re: decoder issue in sb_celp

Tom Harper tharper at sightspeed.com
Fri Mar 16 18:20:35 PDT 2007

Jean Marc,

So after creating stand alone decoder and encoder files, and
running them through speexenc and speexdec, and using
sse and non-sse versions of the code, the verdict is....
stack corruption.   You were completely correct-

The problem in this case is that the interp code was
called in an unsafe manner such that it could be using
the speex state at the same time as a standard decode.

I wanted to post to the list so that others will know that
there isn't an issue, and hopefully learn from my (bad) example
of how (not) to post a bug report.

Thanks again for your help!
Tom