[Speex-dev] re: decoder issue in sb_celp

Tom Harper tharper at sightspeed.com
Wed Mar 14 17:44:09 PDT 2007

Jean Marc,

I don't think that the stack is getting corrupted- but I can't
rule it out- so what I will do is try to record some
samples to a file to reproduce this outside of the app.
Is there a standard place to post test files?

Note also I am intentionally stressing out speex here in
part to figure out what the issue is- 99.9% of the time
this issue never happens but right now it is not possible
to recover from it when it does.

The input to the LPC code is valid as far as I can tell,
if a little large.

The specific test case is that when a CPU gets spiked to
100% (which can happen) the audio captured can end
up not being contiguous - ie. you'll have a set of samples
then a gap and then another set of samples.  So what
usually happens is speex will (correctly) generate a large
pop in its decoded audio and then go on its merry way.

Some of the time, however, the decoder gets in a bad
state- and then the decoded audio is always silent after
an initial pop sound.

Thanks again for your help!
Tom