[Speex-dev] 11025kHz and framesizes question

Dave Findlay 5bto2703 at sneakemail.com
Mon Apr 30 09:26:32 PDT 2007

I have been using the Speex NB mode with an 11025 kHz signal, without adjusting the framesize, and it's been sounding just fine to me. However I was wondering what the best way to make 11025kHz would be. I also have an audio driver that uses 2kB buffers, and the NB framesize of 160 doesn't divide evenly into that so I end up having to shovel tails of buffers around which isn't too efficient.

So I wondered if there was a clean way I could change the NB mode buffer size to be 256, which would be a little closer 20ms at 11025 but also be divisible by 2048.

Should I add a new custom mode to the modes array or should I mess with the NB mode? Any advice on what I should do with subFrameSize and the other parameters in SpeexNBMode (if anything) if I change the framesize to be 256?

Thanks,
Dave