[Speex-dev] Stereo speex on Blackfin

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Wed Apr 18 13:09:23 PDT 2007

> Speex has gone through alot of improvements since then, and I don't think the
> speex you have produces a binary compatible bitstream with the current
> trunk/release (if you are not looking for compatibility with other systems,
> it doesn't matter).

Just a note here. Speex has maintained bit-stream compatibility since
pre-1.0 releases. I make lots of minor optimisations and improvements,
but the bit-stream itself is frozen and has been since the end of 2002.
So no need to worry about that. But other than that, it's true that the
latest code is usually a better thing to use.