[Speex-dev] basic include files for speex

Caroundw5h caroundw5h at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 07:09:27 PDT 2007

sorry i must not have been clear. i know my posting was a little wordy.

"whatever its called when you build it" is a little vague. can you clarify.

i was under the impression speex was done in clean C and could be built from just the source files downloaded regardless of platform. I am running on windows xp using devc++ ide which uses gcc and mingw underneath.

do i need to link with a .lib file? if so where is it located? i checked in win32 folder
and all i found were .dsp, dsw and .def files which are not recognised. what are needed are a or .lib files.

if i don't need to link with a windows specific .lib or .a file. then what is the source
files for these functions. i traced the program state and found the calls were made
from speex.h and the speex.c and bits.c had the definitions. however including
speex.c and bits.c in the project still gave linker errors. where are the source files?

thanks,
caroundw5h

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca> wrote: It's not an include file missing. This is a link error. You need to link with
libspeex (or whatever it's called when you build it).

   Jean-Marc

Quoting Caroundw5h :