[Speex-dev] request bit allocation info!

Kishore Prahallad skishore at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Apr 13 17:52:09 PDT 2007

Folks,

I would like to use Speex for an speech enhancement project and it
requires manipulation of coded parameters.

I was wondering whether any of you could provide some info. on the
following queries,

/*Encode the frame*/
speex_encode(state, input, &bits);

Can I print the ASCII values of these bits (I mean how?).

I did read the bit allocation available at below url, so that I could write a kind of unpacking function, however, the format of the table was quite confusing, I did understand the "0 1 2 3 4"?

http://www.speex.org/docs/manual/speex-manual/node11.html#SECTION000114000000000000000

Thanks for your help.

Kishore Prahallad