[Speex-dev] Symbian and buffer of 4096 bytes

Maurizio Cembalo mauriziocembalo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 09:29:46 PDT 2007

I'm using speex under symbian (8000 hz, 16 bit) narrow band.
The phones API only give me a buffer of 4096 bytes in recording.To
reproduce audio I must fill up the buffer of the same dimension. 4096
isn't a multiple of 320.

I want encode the audio in streaming.

The solution that I adopt to encode is:
- Divide 4096-256 bytes in 12 frames of 320 bytes.
- Therefore the frame number 13 is composed only of 256 bytes.

I encode every frame and I fill up the last frame (13th) with 0 to
reach 160 samples.
I'm not sure, but it seems a low degradation but wish to know if it is
due to Speex or to the phone...
i'd like to know if the zeroes-padding i use could affect the encoder
in term of audio quality and, most of all, performance.

Regards,
maurizio

PS: I compile it with FIXED_POINT 1 and ARM4_ASM