[Speex-dev] Combining multiple speech files into one

suhaib obeidat ssobeidat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 16:11:21 PDT 2007

Dear All,

I am trying to send speech across a wireless link. I want to change which
speech compression/rate to use according to some algorithm that I have.

To be more specific, I have a speech file. In real time, I want to keep
changing at which rate speech will be sent next. Let us say, I am
considering three rates.
I will take the original speech file, compress it using the three rates,
which will result in three files. Next, depending on some input parameters,
I want to change from which file I will be sending next.

Once I receive the whole stream (which has frames from differenet codings),
I would like to play this back. Now that is the question, can I combine
these different frames into one file for playback, if yes, how, and if no,
any suggestions how I can accmplish my goal of playing back a stream
containing data compressed using multiple rates.

I would truly appreicate your help in this important and urgnet matter.

Suhaib