[Speex-dev] app_conference(Asterisk) with Speex

Tue Jan 31 14:58:37 PST 2006

> Asterisk expects speex frames to have a terminator.

Then it might just be that Linphone is using a version of Speex that had
a bug in the terminator code. Jonathan, try making sure Linphone uses
Speex 1.1.11.1

> Also, since then, I have written, and added to asterisk and iaxclient (I
> think I probably posted the code to this list, but if not, and if you're
> interested in putting it in libspeex, that would be nice too), a couple
> of functions which can quickly parse speex data to determine how many
> 20ms frames they contain.
>
> the function is: *static* *int* *speex_get_samples*(*unsigned* *char*
> *data, *int* len), and you just point it at some speex data, it it
> returns the number of samples that are there.  Look for it at:
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/iaxclient/iaxclient/lib/libiax2/src/iax.c?rev=1.71&view=markup

That would probably be useful. If you ever feel like implementing it in
terms of SpeexBits and internal Speex mode structs, I will add it to
Speex.

	Jean-Marc