[Speex-dev] TI 6xxx platform performance

Thu Jan 19 15:01:54 PST 2006

> I initially had a compiler option wrong which was miniminizing size instead
> of max speed, but I'm still at 44MIPS for a single channel.

Definitely a lot. Maybe the compiler isn't able to parallelize the
operations?

> I saw the 10MFLOPS number in the documentation.

Note that this is a number includes only the float operations and not
the "housekeeping" stuff in Speex. It's now actually a bit lower because
I made some algorithmic simplifications to Speex.

>  At first glance, a 300Mhz
> 67 looks under powered but a quick profile shows 50% of the cycles are
> concentrated in just a few functions.  The 67xx is designed to execute these
> functions and I figured I could get a factor of two out of these DSP
> functions.  That would bring me under the 9.3MFLOPS requirement.

Can you list the top functions so I can see if that all belong there?