[Speex-dev] Integrating speex with VideoNet application: Constantbackground noise

Carine Liang carineliang at yahoo.com.sg
Thu Dec 28 23:39:45 PST 2006

Hi Jean-Marc,

I finally make it work! Thanks for telling me that the algo will not work for 8-bit PCM. In fact I've tried using 16 bit PCM last time, but apparently there's a bug. The bug lies with the RecBuffer. The RecBuffer must be set to 320bytes instead of 160 bytes since every sample is now 16 bit.

The compression is amazing, from 320 bytes to 38bytes!

Thanks a million,
Carine