[Speex-dev] Patch for sb_celp.c and a few questions

Daniel Schmidt dschmidt2006 at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 9 09:47:27 PST 2006

Hello Jean-Marc.

First of all, thank you for your awesome work on speex!

In the current version in SVN the wideband encoder/decoder doesn't
correctly pass the parameter of SPEEX_SET_SUBMODE_ENCODING to the
underlying narrowband codec. My patch fixes this.

Then I have a question regarding the EPIC_48K mode. Should the
perceptual enhancer work with this mode? At the moment it is enabled
by default but only produces a very loud noise.

Finally I would like to ask what your near future plans for the
(fixed-point) AGC are. I want to add a speaker phone mode to a PDA
based VoIP application and AGC would be very useful here. I'm no DSP
expert but if I can help you somehow with development or testing,
please let me know.

Thank you
Daniel