[Speex-dev] speex 1.2beta1 encoding/decoding clicking noise on WM2003

Yanxin Cui wmsycui at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 15:14:22 PST 2006

I am running speex 1.2beta1 on WM2003 using FIXED_POINT option, I got big
clicking noise during encoding or decoding randomly, I got more noise if I
spoke louder or made the MIC sensitivity higher, for example, when I encode
the wav file to spx file, the original saved wav file does not have such
noise, the noise is added only after it's converted to spx format. The
floating point version of libspeex library does not give me such noise(but
runs slow of course). Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Yanxin