[Speex-dev] Speex newbie questions
mickey_mouse_1984 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 22 01:36:43 PDT 2005
I have got some questions about Speex, I am sorry if my questions are too
1. For the LP analysis, did Speex use the AR (Autoregressive) model or the
2. Am I right to say that Speex use a multistage VQ (since I believe Speex
employs two or more VQ consecutively - based on the manual it says that
Speex uses dynamically selectable codebooks (linear prediction,pitch
prediction and innovation))?
3. It is said in the manual that Speex also use sub-vector fixed
(innovation)codebooks, does this mean that it also utilises a Split VQ?
4. In the part about innovation codebook, it is said that the final
excitation signal would be made up of the innovation signal and the pitch
prediction, I presume that by final excitation signal it meant the output
signal that Speex will produce (Is this correct btw?) but what does
innovation signal refers to? It is said that it represents information that
couldn't be obtained from either linear prediction and pitch prediction, but
what is it actually? (I have tried to look at the code, but I am not that
good at reading codes)
5. Speex is a CELP-based coder, so I believe that it utilises both Spectral
analysis and Fourier analysis (FFT) during the LP analysis, Am I right?
Once again, I am very sorry if my questions are too newbie , Thank you very
much for your time.
REALESTATE: biggest buy/rent/share listings
More information about the Speex-dev