[Speex-dev] Speex and Builder

Wed Sep 21 19:17:36 PDT 2005

Le jeudi 22 septembre 2005 à 08:19 +0800, Joe Anny a écrit :
> Thanks, Jean for the clarification.

My first name's Jean-Marc, not Jean...

> I look forward to delving into your tutorial codes.  What we hope is to use
> Speex as the primary voice codec.  We also hope to get a quick start into
> the programming aspects with buffer management, denoising, etc. taken care
> of (or with just a few simple INIT calls) automatically, while we only focus
> on the GUI aspect, etc.

I uploaded my demo application at
http://people.xiph.org/~jm/speexclient/ until I find it a more permanent
home (on speex.org). Note that it has no documentation so far, so you're
on your own. Also, it only works with ALSA Linux drivers so far (though
the audio layer is isolated from the rest of the code).

> Do the codes also have examples on pushing/sinking live packets from the
> network via the buffers on both client sides?  This could be rather
> different from dealing with write/read from a file (and most likely will
> impact the performance of live VoIP application).  Thanks.

This is a VoIP application that tries to minimize latency, so it
includes the network code and all (but no connection).

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke