[Speex-dev] problem with windows MCI API (unknown TAG)

psk psiek at perax.fr
Tue Sep 13 02:25:39 PDT 2005

    Hi,

    I got a little problem with MCI API.
    I want to record a waveaudio using SPEEX codec.
    I got speex32 ACM installed, but i cant find the good TAG to
initialize format. I've found the TAG in the ACM driver source.
    I've tryed :

    SendMCIString('SET mysound format tag A109'...
    SendMCIString('SET mysound format tag 0xA109'...
    SendMCIString('SET mysound format tag 41225'...
    SendMCIString('SET mysound format tag SPEEX'...
    SendMCIString('SET mysound format tag SPEEX32.acm'...

    I always get an error message ('value out of range', or, 'unknow
format...')

    It's only working with :

    SendMCIString('SET mysound format tag PCM'...

    If someone have any idea...

    Regards,

Psk