[Speex-dev] Supported DSPs

Sun Sep 4 17:25:42 PDT 2005

I don't know all the details, but here's a (partial) list of archs on
which I've heard of Speex running. I'm sure there are others (especially
the float version should really run on any chip with an FPU).

float:
x86/x86-64  (SSE assembly optimizations provided)
PowerPC
SPARC

fixed:
ARM (v4 and v5E) (assembly optimizations provided)
Blackfin (assembly optimizations provided)
TI C6x
TI C55x
TI C54x (but still too slow due to compiler issues)

	Jean-Marc

Le dimanche 04 septembre 2005 à 09:08 +0100, Gervase Markham a écrit :
> It would be great to get some idea of what chips and DSPs people have
> tried to compile Speex for, and what success they've had.
>
> So, if you've tried Speex on a chip, could you take a second to fill in
> the following and post it to the list?
>
> Chip Name:
> Speex Version:
> Floating or Fixed:
> Encode, Decode, Both or Simultaneous:
> MIPS (if known):
> Other comments:
>

> Many thanks,
>
> Gerv

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke