[Speex-dev] mac compatable?

Arek Korbik arkadini at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 04:20:12 PST 2005

On 11/29/05, Michael Weinberg <m_weinberg18 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> is there a dowload for mac users?
I assume the question is about the speex library?

I have added an Xcode project to the xiph/speex SVN repository in
r10427, about a week ago.

http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/speex/macosx/

It allows one to build Speex.framework (which is a bundled dynamic
library + header files, and is the thing you most probably want if you
are a mac developer). The project is only for building the framework
and does not include tools (which have more dependencies then the
library itself) but as such it can be built using just the mac
developer tools (Xcode 2.2, possibly 2.1 as well).

There is also a binary build of selected xiph frameworks, which
includes speex, on the download pages of the XiphQT project:
http://www.xiph.org/quicktime/download.html

Arek