[Speex-dev] Problem in encoding/decoding speech in Win CE

Anindya Mozumdar anindya at picopeta.com
Tue Nov 29 02:14:59 PST 2005

Hi,
    I am trying to encode raw wave data stored in a buffer using the
Speex API (The raw wave data is created using the waveIn* functions -
probably irrelevant information here).
    It is a 5 second clip, 16bits/sample, 8000Hz mono (which gives a
buffer size of 80kb for the wave data).
    I have followed the exact procedure found in the manual available
from the web site, except that instead of writing the speex stream into
stdout, I am writing it onto a file from where I read later to decode.
    It decodes to 80kb (as expected). While I can reproduce tapping
sounds (by banging a pen on a desk), I am unable to reproduce voice - in
which case I hear some junk. Also, the tapping sounds are quite faint.
    Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with the Win CE
libraries ?

Thanks,
Anindya.