[Speex-dev] Question from XM Radio

Carr, Terrance Terry.Carr at xmradio.com
Mon Nov 28 14:22:16 PST 2005

Thanks Jim, that's understood.  When I say AMBE isn't working well, I
only mean from the audience acceptance point of view.  Technically it is
fine.  It is exactly doing the job we had expected.

It's the long standing wish that everyone wants... More for less.  We
are just seeking a bit of magic that just may not be there.  Ideally
finding a codec that can perform tollerably/intelligibly at 2-4Kbps.
And still perform quite well for complex speech at 10-12kbps.

Just keeping my eyes (ears) out for something that I have never
considered before.

I really appreaciate the time you've taken to reply, Thanks.

Terry
  Terry Carr
  Manager, Broadcast Applications
  XM SATELLITE RADIO
  1500 Eckington Place, NE (Flr-2, Ops Mgt)
  Washington, DC 20002
  Phone: (202) 380-4081 - Fax: (202) 380-4768