[Speex-dev] Question from XM Radio

Dario Andrade dario at ip.tv
Mon Nov 28 11:23:19 PST 2005

Hi,

> You can try the Ogg DirectShow filter to get Windows support for Speex:
> http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/

if you wait a little longer, I am trying to provide speex support for the
ffmpeg project (www.ffmpeg.org).
It does encode/decode to/from avi and wav, a support for ogg has not been
done, and my question is, should it be necessary? I don't really like ogg in
first place..

> > - Has there been any successful satellite streaming projects using
> > Speex?
>
> Not that I know of.

Actually IP.TV (http://www.ip.tv) is using speex. It is a video/audio
streaming software for elearning and collaboration.
Right now we have clients using VSATs and/or pure broadcast through
IP encapsulation at the hub (ViaSAT, Hughes, Gilat, and Nera).