[Speex-dev] DPLL in aec samples

Fri Nov 11 13:12:26 PST 2005

OK, I'm tired of arguing. All those who think they're going to do AEC on
different un-synced cards, just go for it. However, please do not
complain and/or ask questions about that on this list. AEC is already a
hard enough problem when you have a sane sound setup that I see no point
in trying to do anything with drifting clocks.

As for soundcards with different clocks for in and out, I don't buy
this. It would cost the manufacturer an extra clock *just* to make
capture and playback out of sync? Now maybe Windows (or the card itself)
cannot start playback and capture at the same time. That actually
doesn't matter at all because it only introduces a *constant* delay
between the signals.

	Jean-Marc