[Speex-dev] Re: aec

Jason Harper jhharper1 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 22:16:29 PST 2005

I ran some further tests on mdf and here are the
results:
1. reduced tail length to 100ms, aligned mic and
speaker signals to within 10ms - almost no echo
attenuation
2. aligned mic and speaker signals to within 5 samples
- still almost no echo attenuation
3. ran testecho using the same file for mic and
speaker - very good echo cancellation (of course this
is expected, but I needed to do a sanity check)
4. ran the same file for mic and speaker, but had the
mic signal delayed by 10ms - OK echo cancellation, but
noticeably degraded over previous test
5. same file for mic and speaker, but mic signal
delayed by 40ms - noticeable echo attenuation, but
still a large echo.

So far my testing is only showing good echo
cancellation when the exact same file is being used
and is pretty closely aligned.

-Jason

--- Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>