[Speex-dev] Re: aec

Jason Harper jhharper1 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 6 21:25:25 PST 2005

Thanks for alerting me to the new changes.  I just
tried the latest code from SVN, but unfortunately I
still have just about the same results.  The estimated
echo that gets subtracted from the actual echo is such
a small signal that it doesn't really result in any
noticeable echo attenuation.
I currently have my filter size set to 2 seconds even
though the echo in my microphone file is only about
180ms delayed from the signal in my speaker file.  I
also double checked that the endianess of my is
correct, and that I am providing the files to testecho
in the correct order.
Do you think that there could be some characteristics
to my echo that make it not work with the mdf
algorithm?  How much echo attenuation should I expect
from the mdf algorithm before the preprocess?  Are
there any test speaker and mic files that I could run
against testecho to see how it handles other acoustic
echos?

-Jason

--- Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>