[Speex-dev] voice activity detection

Joachim Boomberschloss boomberschloss at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 07:59:03 PST 2005

Hello,

I am wondering whether Speex's voice activity
detection mechanism can be used independently of
encoding and decoding speech, and how reliable it is
in general. I need this kind of functionality for a
project I am working on, and I was wondering if Speex
provides it in a ready-to-use fashion, or if it
requires modification of the source code. If so, I
would be glad to consider doing this work for the
benefit of others with some guidance (depending on
complexity and usefulness).

Thanks,

Joe.