[Speex-dev] Problem encoding sine wave in 1.1.6 and somewhat in 1.0.4

Jared Whitby jwhitby at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 11:19:06 PST 2005

Well I think a sinusoid shouldn't totally trash the encoder state, so
I still think theres a bug lurking around in there. The denoiser just
prevents it from ever making it to the encoder. Just from browsing
through the speex code and from what I've learned reading through the
mailing list, it looks like there are a few places where checks are in
place to prevent sinusoids from destabilizing the stream. Somehow this
particular sine wave is getting through the cracks I think. I actually
tried a couple of lower frequency samples and It didn't seem to cause
the problem I was having.

But, I seem to be in good shape with the filter in place... so just
figured I would share what i have learned.

Jared

--
Jared
jwhitby at gmail.com