[Speex-dev] 64 bit integer spx_word64_t

Mon Jan 10 23:07:04 PST 2005

> noticed there's a 64 bit integer being used in the long term prediction.
> any chance of using a 32 bit integer without incurring some major side-effects?

A 32-bit integer may overflow (which is why I used a 64-bit int). Of
course, it's possible to emulate it using 32-bit arithmetic. Otherwise,
there's probably a work-around, but it would require rewriting that part
of the search.

	Jean-Marc

> cheers,
> tk

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke