[Speex-dev] memory usage

Mon Feb 28 09:42:38 PST 2005

Hi,

I looked at the code I think there are still places where you can reduce
memory. For example, I think bufSize can be reduced to around 400
(instead of 640). Also, in most cases, the stack of the encoder and
decoder are not used at the same time. If you use complexity 1, you can
save a lot on the stack too.

	Jean-Marc

Le lundi 28 février 2005 à 10:59 +0800, tunkeat a écrit :
> hi Alfred,
>
> >I am currently trying to port speex v1.1.6 to a microcontroller with
> >very limited memory (<64Kbyte RAM).
>
> if forced to the wall, you can try below (need to "rewrite" the code a little):
> unless i am very much mistaken, you can do "dynamic allocation" for
> some of the memory. these memories are only required when you are
> running eg speex_encode for the current frame.  one example would be
>
> st->qlsp. others are more "static" eg. st->inBuf which you basically cannot
> do much with.
>
> hope this helps.
>
> rgds,
> tk

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke