[Speex-dev] Speex for Samsung ARM processor

Andy Ngo adngo at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 16:28:23 PDT 2004

Dear Speex Developers,

I'm trying to use Speex on a development board that has the Samsung 2140 ARM Processor (model
S3C2410X01, ARM 920T Core).  I enabled the arm assembly, i.e. build the speex library using the
following configure command:

   ./configure --enable-fixed-point --enable-arm-asm --enable-fixed-point-debug --host=arm-linux

After linking the library with my application, I ran it on the board, I get an error saying it
doesn't understand some assembly instruction that speex uses and crashes.  Thus, it's related to
the --enable-arm-asm flag.  When I omitted the --enable-arm-asm flag, it ran fine without crashing
but it seems very sluggish (doesn't work well at all).  Can you suggest ideas on resolving this?
Are the assembly instructions in libspeex/fixed_arm.h compatible with every ARM processor?  It
seems like it's not compatible with the Samsung ARM processor we have.  Thanks in advance.

Andy Ngo