[Speex-dev] isolating decode/encode functions

Owen speex-dev at aerodrome.us
Mon Sep 27 11:26:36 PDT 2004

I've got a question about the various pieces of code that can be left out when compiling for encode-only support or decode-only support.

Is it safe to assume that the various xxquant functions are only necessary for encoding, and that the xxunquant functions are used only for decoding?  The linker of course wants to include everything because of the way the modes struct is set up.  I think I've got it figured out from examining the code, but I wanted to get validation of that...

Thanks in advance!

-Owen