[Speex-dev] problem with dynamic speex library under windows

Pontus Nyman pont at kth.se
Mon Sep 13 05:03:37 PDT 2004

Hello.

I'm having problems with the dynamic library of libspeex under win32. I
have used the static library for a while with no problems. When I try to
compile my application with the dynamic library I get the following link
error:

codec_speex.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _speex_uwb_mode
codec_speex.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _speex_wb_mode
codec_speex.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _speex_nb_mode
..\..\pd\bongo\bongo~.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

It seems as if the three default SpeexMode modes can't be found. I guess
I'm doing something stupid, but I can't understand what. I'm using
Windows XP and Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 if that is of any help. I
compile the project files for Visual C++ that are included with the
speex library when I build the static and dynamic library.

Any suggestions?

Pontus