[Speex-dev] FIXED_POINT warns on compute_weighted_codebook

Ashhar Farhan farhan at phonestack.com
Fri Oct 22 22:21:47 PDT 2004

hi,
i am trying to compile a fixed point version of lipspeex on desktop
windows environment. a short reason for the complicated story is that
we need to keep the 'engine' part of our project same across the various
ports of our voip project (blame the pointy haired boss).

now, when i compile with FIXED_POINT defined in the Visual C++ 6.0, i get
these errors:

e:\phonestack\engine\speex\cb_search.c(185) : warning C4133: 'function' :
incompatible types - from 'short *' to 'float *'

e:\phonestack\engine\speex\nb_celp.c(875) : warning C4761: integral size
mismatch in argument; conversion supplied

e:\phonestack\engine\speex\nb_celp.c(1603) : warning C4761: integral size
mismatch in argument; conversion supplied

of these, the last two are not worrisome. but the first error is forcing a
short pointer to a float. any clue as to what is going on?

- farhan