[speex-dev] More Speex (pre-processing) Options

Tom Harper harper at archila.com
Fri Nov 28 11:17:00 PST 2003

>Jean Marc,

you were talking about in turns of amplifying echo residual when no
one is speaking, but overall it seems to reduce echo.

re:
>Can you give some details about what's not working with 1.1.2 on Windows
>(compile, run-time)?

This was a run time issue, for encode and decode- I also tried sending an
encoded stream from an older version and decode it with the new- that also
did not work; and vice-versa, sending an encoded stream from the new version
to an older version didn't work.  We use a wrapper interface around speex and
the input to both versions is identical, so I don't know what could be causing
this- haven't had time to investigate further.

Also, compile time I needed to add:

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif

#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif

to one of the files, I think speex_echo.h, but I don't remember off the top
of my head.

Tom