[speex-dev] XScale realtime encoding possible?

Giovanni Bajo giovannibajo at libero.it
Thu Nov 6 15:55:05 PST 2003

On Thursday, November 06, 2003 4:29 PM [GMT+1=CET],
MAL <mal at komcept.com> wrote:

> Warning: Speex is only optimized for 8, 16 and 32 kHz. It will still
> work at 44100 Hz but your mileage may vary

Jean-Marc, this message reminded me, would you please elaborate on the meaning
of this error message? What exactly are the cons of using Speex for 44.1Khz
files? I'm mainly interested in quality, and a little also in decompression
speed. For instance, would you suggest me to scale down my files to 32khz and
then raise -q parameter a little, as a better balance?

Thanks
Giovanni Bajo