[speex-dev] Videoconferencing with speex and jabber

Tue Nov 18 15:02:25 PST 2003

Le mar 18/11/2003 à 17:39, Allen Drennan a écrit :
> Speaking of video conferencing in conjunction with Speex, we are
> currently beta testing a solution we developed that offers multi-point,
> multi-party video and audio using the Speex engine for voice.
>
> http://www.wiredred.com/downloads/ecsetup.exe
>
> The fair and good audio settings are Speex narrowband, high quality is
> HawkVoice and toll quality is PCM.

Just curious, any reason you're not using Speex for high quality (at
18.2 and 24.6 kbps, I can't distinguish the coded from the original and
15 kbps is pretty close)? I'm also not sure I see the idea of narrowband
PCM either, since you can get better quality at lower bit-rates by
encoding in wideband (16 kHz).

Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A., ing. jr.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)