[speex-dev] speed and memory

Ulrich B. Staudinger us at die-horde.de
Sun Nov 2 10:04:32 PST 2003

hello,

i switched to use the encoder.processData() and
encoder.getProcessedData() of jspeex. however it looks to me like a
memory leak ... memory usage is increasing very fast and there is no
visible stop ... after about five minutes java.lang.OutOfMemory occurs.
I think it must be the jspeex component, because before i added jspeex
to my app usage was constant at about 5mb.

is it possible to be jspeex ?

another issue is speed - when doing UWB, quality 3, 44100 stereo
encoding my cpu load goes up to 100% on a dual 350MHz  - is it correct
that lower quality uses significantly less cpu resources?

thanks in advance,
ulrich

p.s. the quality for that bandwidth is really awesome ! Must be cool
wavelets and other stuff or something alike ... ! Wow!