[speex-dev] Speex settings and jitter

John Hayes jhayes at thereinc.com
Tue May 20 11:32:56 PDT 2003

Right - and I deal with that on the receiver end based on an approximation
of sender's and receiver's responsiveness - the minimum latency I've been
able to get into the system is about 150 ms. Of that, jitter buffering is
about 40-100ms. I'd love to figure out how to get that down without killing
myself on thread switching or Win32 kernel calls, but ms has to actually
implement the DSBCAPS_CTRLPOSITIONNOTIFY capability in direct sound capture

John