[speex-dev] encoder/ decoder sharing SpeexBits

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca
Wed Mar 12 20:48:06 PST 2003

Le mer 12/03/2003 à 23:46, Daniel Vogel a écrit :
> >From the sample encoder/ decoder demo in the documentation it seems that I
> only have to call speex_bits_reset before encoding a new frame. Is this
> still the case if I reuse the SpeexBits to both encode and decode different
> streams?

I'm not sure I fully understand you question... what speex_bits_reset is
to make the SpeexBits struct exactly as it was after you initialized it.
It's possible to use the reuse the struct for the encoder and decoder
(though it's a possible source of error) as long as you never use it for
both at the same time. Basically, you can see SpeexBits as just a string
of bits that can be accessed using a set of functions. Does that answer
your question?

Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)