[speex-dev] embed speex into speak freely?

Greg Herlein gherlein at herlein.com
Fri Feb 21 10:34:00 PST 2003

> http://www.speakfreely.org/
>
> I think this would be one of the best real-world tests of the speex codec.
> This software doesnt use ACM or directsound api's but uses straight C code.
> I was thinking the speexenc/speexdec should be easy enough to add.

The last time I looked at this it was still very much old news -
mostly half duplex audio, does not adhere to any signalling
standards at all, and not being currently maintained.

LinPhone (www.linphone.org) using the OpenSIP stack has used
Speex from day one, and it's in wide use.  Very real world.

Speex is *already* supported in the OpenH323 stack
(www.openh323.org) and in use in the ohphone, openphone,
Gnomemeeting, etc. VoIP implementations that use that library
stack.  Very real world.

:)

Greg